Saturday, 22 August 2015

Batik - second try

I had another go at making some batik fabric today which I think was more successful as I used a better combination of fabric and fabric dyes. They are all between 10 and 15 inches width/lengths.

These were made using red dye on orange fabric.


This one was a white fabric and I used a paintbrush to paint the squares between the wax grid.


These were all on a pale blue fabric. The first one has a purple dye, the middle one was blue and the right hand one was a darker blue dye. The last one looks better in real life although the detail did get a bit swamped by the dye.


That's probably it for batik for a while. Now I need to think about what to do with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment